20 Apr The Mission Minute Issue #2
|During this time of staying at home, Zoom calls, and reading overwhelming amounts of information — Mission Triangle is excited to pass along a weekly “Mission Minute” full of simple nuggets of encouragement, key learnings, and announcements. We find them helpful and hope you do as well!|
- Giving is a gift. For those of us who can give right now, let us rejoice in that opportunity… and do something with it. Two trending hashtags you may be seeing, #StimulusTithe and #GivingTuesdayNow (May 5th) should get us all thinking. This is great way to support nonprofits as they serve.
- But who am I, and who are my people, that we should be able to give as generously as this? Everything comes from you and we have given only what comes from your hand. – 1 Chronicles 29:14
- Photo credit: local partner Spickard Consulting
Sound Business Principle
- Mission Statement: 20 words or less that sets the course of your organization and does not change regardless of the circumstance, unless approved by the Board. It answers the question, “what am I doing, for whom, to what end?” As we pivot, are we staying true to our mission?
Mission Triangle Tool of the Week
- Upcoming Mission Triangle Online Forum, April 22 – Donor Communication in Times of Crisis
Partner Resources of the Week
- Just Podcast – Co-produced by partner, ReCity. TOPIC: Seeing the world through a “just,” as in justice, lens.
- Veritas Forum Series – Co-sponsored by Mission Triangle member, Center for Christianity and Scholarship. TOPIC: What big questions can we ask right now?
- Forced to Downsize? A Checklist – Best Christian Workplaces Institute (BCWI) Blog
Spotlight of the Week
- Oh Lord Help Us – ABC11 recently featured the initiative that Oh Lord Help Us employees are undertaking to provide meaningful bracelets to healthcare workers. Spread the word!
- We’re big fans of the hit TV show The Office in our office. In case you haven’t seen this new “show,” check out the funny and powerful weekly video — Some Good News hosted by John Krasinski. And, by the way, if you want to relive prom, he’s hosting one Friday night!