27 Apr The Mission Minute Issue #3
During this time of staying at home, Zoom calls, and reading overwhelming amounts of information — Mission Triangle is excited to pass along a weekly “Mission Minute” full of simple nuggets of encouragement, key learnings, and announcements. We find them helpful and hope you do as well!
- Rest -Part of leading is knowing when and how to rest. Studies show that rest is especially key in times if crisis. Like so much else, it’s not just a mandate, it’s an opportunity. And, the Bible is full of instructions about the idea of the Sabbath, another one of God’s many gifts to us.
Sound Business Principle
- Strategic Planning – One key tenet of any good plan is building in the understanding that plans change. Thus, a facet of a Strategic Plan is an originally blank “Pivot Plan” that must be filled out as situations arise. Now is such a time. Do you have a Pivot Plan?
Mission Triangle Tools of the Week
- NEW: Nonprofit Needs Page – Help us share your needs with the giving community. If you are interested in posting opportunities for people to be involved in and through your nonprofit during COVID-19, you are now invited to do so through our nonprofit portal. If your nonprofit isn’t yet set up with portal access and your team has engaged with us through a training since Jan. 2018, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upcoming Online Forum May 6 – Board Leadership in Times of Crisis– Presenter: ECFA President, Dan Busby (national leader and author). Invite your board members!
Partner Resources of the Week
- Federal Government PPP Loans – Today (April 27) marks the beginning of the next round of PPP Loans. Timeliness is essential if you desire to apply. Contact our partner AM Services Group (Eric Syfrett) with questions.
- Armstrong McGuire Blog – Tips for relaxing in a quarantine
- NCF Podcast – How to pivot in a pandemic: insights for Christian business leaders
- Angel Oak Creative Blog – 10 ways to rock #GivingTuesdayNow (May 5)
Spotlight of the Week
- Hope Reins – WRAL News highlighted this great organization last week, showing how virtual horse-youth connections can still carry on in a time of trauma. Also, hats off to Exec. Dir. Kim Tschirret for receiving Triangle Business Journal’s 2020 Women in Business award.
- Zoom Excitement – Liven up your Zoom calls with a virtual background! If you need a little extra help, try this YouTube tutorial. Mission Triangle Executive Director, Jim Dotson, is a master of multitasking — leading a meeting AND picking strawberries with his son!